Faulkland beat Chapelton 3-2 in Tier Two

Faulkland beat Chapelton 3-2 in Tier Two

Western Bureau:

Faulkland FC topped the Jamaica Football Federation Tier Two Competition’s regular season table with a 3-2 win over Chapelton Maroons FC at WesPow Park in Tucker, St James, yesterday.

A brace from Obrien Robinson in the 24th and 32nd minutes put the hosts into a commanding position early on. However, it was short-lived as Kahiem Dixon capitalised on a defensive error to cut the deficit for Chapelton four minutes later, making the score 2-1 at halftime.

Substitute Radcliff Dawkins restored the two-goal lead for Faulkland in the 61st minute but Chapelton found their second off the boot of J’havier Lynch five minutes later. Both teams showed why they were top of the table, matching each other with some exciting passages of play as the hosts were able to hold the result until full time.

Faulkland coach Gregory Palmer is pleased with the result, saying it gives them confidence for the semi-finals.

“We have the feel good factor,” he said. “It’s always good going into the playoff stage with a win.

“We had to do some psychological sessions with the players. We needed to find out what caused the loss because it was unlike them. We also knew that players were tired, but we had to evaluate and to ensure that what happened last week doesn’t happen again, especially now in crunch time.”

The result saw Chapelton also securing a semi-final spot with 23 points for second place on the 12-team table.

Despite the defeat, Chapelton coach Lenworth Hyde said he is happy with the overall performance of his team in what he considers a stern test, before the semi-finals.

“We wanted to win the match going into the semi-finals, but such is life,” he said. “However, I love how the team played. We didn’t start well and gave up some goals in the early parts, but picked it up later in the first half to get back into the game. The Faulkland team was very aggressive but I think we handled it well.”

Treasure Beach FC placed third with 22 points after a 2-0 win at home over Lime Hall Academy FC. The final semi-final spot went to Falmouth United who drew 2-2 with Portlanders FC.

Source link