July 15, 2022

Helpmy Penis Is ‘not Straight’

Dear Pastor,

I am 19 years old and I have a problem. From I was growing up, I noticed that my penis looks different from my brother’s. When my mother was bathing me, I asked her why my penis was bent and she said that I should not worry about it, it will straighten out the older I get. But that has not happened.

I have a girlfriend and I tried to have sex with her but it was painful. I have not tried again. Is there any cure for this problem that I am having? I don’t have a problem getting an erection. I feel for sex all the time, but I don’t want to embarrass myself. I want to be able to perform. So please give me your advice. I read your column every day, so I am looking forward to your answer.


Dear D.N.,

You say that you observed a long time ago that your penis is bent. And I am sure you mean that it is either pointing to the right or to the left. It is not unusual for a man’s penis to be bent. However, if it is a severe case, then that man might be suffering from Peyronie’s disease.

Your mother meant well when she told you that the problem would be corrected as you got older. Men with a mild form of this disease can function very well when having sex. But if the penis is severely bent, it might cause great concern when having sex.

You discovered this problem a long time ago. But some men go to bed and when they wake up, they realise that their penis is bent. No one seems to understand what causes this problem. Sometimes the condition does not last for very long. The curve disappears or goes away on its own.

What I would suggest to you is that you consult a urologist who will be able to examine you and advise you about what can be done and if your condition is a matter that can make you very worried. You said that having sex was painful so you are reluctant in trying to repeat the act. And I understand what you are saying. I would discourage you from trying home remedies, so I will urge you to see a urologist as early as possible. I would also suggest that you should talk to your lady about your problem and let her know that you are seeking professional help. I wish you well.